Digital Media Manager
The Digital Media Manager serves Dharma Ocean Foundation by providing leadership for the technical and operations teams in web development, IT, and media production. In this new role, they will spearhead changes in the newly combined web and media departments to support the evolving needs of the organization. This hands-on leader possesses the motivation and skills to contribute to media production and digital product development while driving the evolution of web and media operations. The Digital Media Manager leads with action, compassion, and self-awareness, creating a culture of support and teamwork that produces best-in-class digital products and experiences that transmit the teachings of this lineage. They contribute to strategy and planning, while providing ongoing project and operations management and leadership to the team. The role is highly collaborative with other departments and volunteers. Typical of an organization of this size, the manager actively participates in the technical production responsibilities of the department in addition to managing and leading. The Digital Media Manager reports to the Executive Director.
These roles report to the Digital Media Manager, or to members of their team: Web Developer and IT Coordinator; Archives Manager; Media Coordinator (Blazing Mountain Retreat Center); Media Volunteers.
This position is based at The Dharma Ocean Foundation located just outside Boulder, CO. Travel is occasionally required to support programs in Crestone, CO and other locations. The typical schedule is Monday through Friday; evenings and weekends are occasionally required based on programs and event schedules. This is not a remote role.
- End-to-end management of media production and digital products including strategy development, project management, and technical implementation for new technology, digital content production and delivery and product development and launch
- Develops and motivates staff and supports a culture consistent with Dharma Ocean’s mission.
- Oversees a best-in-class digital products function that embodies Dharma Ocean’s mission and values.
- Leads day-to-day operations for the website, IT, and media teams in alignment with other departments.
- Collaborates with key partners in other functions to align strategy and operations.
- Spearheads the development of workflows and process improvement procedures in department and in alignment with other functions.
- Ensures the integrity of Dharma Ocean’s mission is upheld in the content and delivery across all mediums, with the support and direction of Executive Director, Community Life Director and other senior teachers.
- Ensures consistent messaging across various mediums.
- Drives development of Dharma Ocean’s digital content strategy across various mediums (Zoom, LiveStream, Promo Videos, Podcasts, YouTube, Vimeo, Insight Timer, etc.) in collaboration with Promotions department to create awareness and engagement with the teachings and practices of this lineage and to ensure high quality.
- Supports the timely and accurate implementation of post-production responsibilities such as aggregating project feedback and developing a strategy for measurement of success.
- Experienced leader and project manager with a minimum of five years in relevant roles.
- Proven ability to organize self and others as a functional expert, leader and collaborative team member.
- Experience identifying the need for and implementing processes to improve operational efficiency, the quality of products, communication, and the experience of staff and volunteers.
- Emotionally intelligent leader and team member with the ability to guide, influence and communicate operational changes in an evolving organization.
- Advanced technical expertise in at least one function in the department with competent skills in other areas.
- Aptitude to source, evaluate, learn and master new technology, platforms and processes.
- Strong proficiency using both Mac and PC systems.
- Passion for producing best-in-class products.
- Ability to self-manage and track multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Adapts effectively to the needs of audiences, teachers, peers and volunteers from diverse backgrounds and at different levels in the organization.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Models healthy work/life harmony and resiliency under stress.
- Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development for self and others.
- Integrity working with confidential and sensitive information.
- Awareness of foundational laws, regulations and policies that apply to employment, data management, and nonprofit management.
- Weekend and evening availability may be required during peak periods. Occasional travel to Crestone, CO or other locations may be required.
- Must be aware of or willing to learn about Dharma Ocean’s teachings in order to ensure the integrity of the product, processes and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent technical training or experience.
Dharma Ocean’s benefits package provides health, dental and vision insurance; retirement plan; paid time off; wellness resources; training and development. A flexible work schedule is an option for some roles. Our full-time employees get three weeks paid time off, plus one week paid for a Dharma Ocean Retreat, and one week paid for personal solitary retreat of their choosing.
The Dharma Ocean community acknowledges that the reality of suffering is often intensified by the biases, behaviors and societal structures that favor or harm individuals because of race, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or ability. Our mission is to ensure that Dharma Ocean is a welcoming, affirming space for all who wish to walk the path of somatic awakening.
We invite you to learn more about our Mission on our website. www.dharmaocean.org
Dharma Ocean is an equal-opportunity employer.